Thursday, July 28, 2011

Canton Weekend

Quite a few of our Gainesville friends came to visit us in Canton this past weekend!

We grilled baby back ribs Friday night with the Whit, the Curtis family and a few neighbors. I made hashbrown casserole and a trifle, Britt made an awesome broccoli casserole and Whit fired up some veggie skewers.

On Saturday, we spent the day at the pool, playing corn hole and waiting on Alyssa and William, the Sims, Dally and Chad, the Sligers, and Christy Xmas to arrive. After the pool, we grilled mini hamburger sliders and sat around on the back porch while the guys played corn hole.  I still can't get over all of the amazing food everyone brought.  I had leftovers for two days...sure wish all of Ash's mac & cheese hadn't been eaten.

Chad & Aus
And although I love, love, love my back porch - or any back porch for that matter - I have surely paid for it this week. My ankles, feet and arms look like I was attacked by mosquitoes. This was even after my back yard was sprayed, citronella candles were lit AND bug spray was applied.

I spent most all of Sunday being lazy.

This can probably be blamed on the fact that Alyssa made me stay up until 6:30 in the morning.:)

Thanks to everyone that made the drive to Canton!

Sol and Chris

The girls! (minus Christy and Whit(

No comments:

Post a Comment