Saturday, July 16, 2011

An Antique Table & Crackle Paint

I've decided that my back porch needs some help.

I went on a mission this week to find an outdoor rug, which wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. After searching at Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Target, AND TJ Maxx, I finally found one at Bed, Bath & Beyond on sale for $44!

My new rug!
Next on my list was to find an antique table for my potted plants, which I found this morning at a local antique store in Canton. The guy even knocked the price down to $25!

Before
Before #2
After my table purchase, I went over to Home Depot and found exactly what I was looking for - Martha Stewart Crackle Specialty Finish! That Martha. She thinks of everything.

Crackle!
After priming and applying the Crackle goo..and a little bit of sanding...my antique table was complete!


Here is the finished product with my potted plants!

Complete!

Happy Saturday! Austin and I are headed to Gainesville for Supper Club!

4 comments:

  1. Any suggestions on where to get instructions for using this product? No links available at Martha Stewart.com, and Home Depot doesn't seem to have anyone who knows "how-to"... I have purchased the product, and am waiting to apply it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be sure to purchase the Martha Stewart primer - apply that first and allow to dry. Then apply crackle specialty finish (which is rather thick) with a small putty knife. Mine is 2"....the thicker the application is, the larger the cracks. The thinner the application, the smaller the cracks. After allowing this to dry, I went back and sanded out the rough spots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you apply a water proof varnish over this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. it did not work for me

    ReplyDelete