Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

Two posts in one week! I can't believe it! It's still freeeeeezing outside, I just don't know how I'll survive through January and February - spring cannot get here soon enough!! I thought I'd update everyone on the recent shower I helped to host for Mrs. Chelsey Parks Potts. :) The shower was Saturday, December 11, at the beautiful home of Eve Jennings. That's where mine and Austin's fiesta shower was held...and my engagement pictures were taken...and likely will be the spot where we host a shower for Ashley Fellers & Sam Sliger! I'm getting really excited about all the festivities for Sam and Ashley. Somebody else better get engaged soon because I get really sad when we don't have a zillion wedding festivities going on. It's true...after Britt and Brooke were both married in June 2009, I had to have something to look forward to. And then thankfully Allison got engaged! She and Bart were married on April 3, 2010 and Ash & Sam will get married on May 21, 2011, in Madison, Ga. Check out their wedding Web site, www.ashleyandsam.com.

Back to the baby shower...Eve's house was all decorated for Christmas, it was beautiful! I'm not sure where she stores all her Christmas decorations when it's not Christmas. Seriously, she had more decorations than I've ever seen in one house - it was so pretty. Chelsey (and Kyle) received so many great little girl gifts - clothes, things for Kathryn's room, and more clothes! My favorite gifts were those HAND MADE by Kristie Carlson. True talent. I wish I was that creative. It was great to see all the girls and catch up - I don't make it to Gainesville that often - but when I do make it, I feel like it's always for a shower. :)

Hostesses with Chelsey!



After the shower, I was able to catch up with Chelsey and hear more about the baby, life on the farm with Kyle and unfortunately, her brother-n-law Kory that was recently diagnosed with leukemia (AML). It was so sad to hear all about Kory's diagnosis but very uplifting to hear how positive Kory and his family are through this process. Kory is 23 years old and is currently in Texas receiving chemotherapy. He will eventually have to have a bone marrow transplant, which hopefully Kyle will be able to be a donor. For more information on Kory, visit http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/korypotts.

That's all for today! I am going to a Stella & Dot jewelry party tonight! More to come later...as I have some Christmas shopping to do! Have a wonderful rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment