Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Post-Holidays and Baked Scallops

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Ours was great! This time of year is especially busy for us (but then again, who's December isn't busy?) with the gift-buying, wrapping, cooking, and family get-togethers. In years past, Austin and I have spent Christmas' separately (no fun!) because it was easier...and especially since we each have so much family to visit. This year, our goal was to squeeze in both families all in the two short days-whew! And if it hadn't been for the undriveable roads on Christmas night, we would have made it!

As a re-cap, we celebrated on the 18th with the mother-in-law's (MIL's) family (gracias Aunt Joan for my Banana Republic gift card!) and then on Christmas Eve Eve we celebrated with the father-in-laws (FIL) family! Thanks to Kent and Bettra for moving their usual Christmas Eve get-together to the night before. We had so much fun - ate a wonderful prime rib dinner, participated in the white elephant gift exchange and played games. FYI, Dirty Minds is very dirty! Better get your mind outta the gutter before you play this game! On Christmas Eve (and after trying to get over my slight hangover), Austin and I ate dinner and exchanged gifts with my grandmother, step dad and mom in Jefferson. On Christmas Day, we did Christmas with my Dad's family in Jefferson. Unfortunately, we weren't able to make our fifth and final Christmas gathering at Austin's Aunt Joan's. The roads were too bad to make it up to Jasper - so my Christmas night was spent curled up in front of the fire watching a Lifetime movie.

Now that Christmas is over, I hope everyone has been able to re-coop - at least until New Year's Eve! :) I've done some after-Christmas shopping with mom, slept in late and watched several Lifetime movies (I'd say at least five...it's kind of an addiction) since I've been off of work. I've been to see The Fighter (great movie!) with Austin, Soloman and Becky and How Do You Know? with SIL Lindsey and neighbor-friend Lisa. That movie was OK - cute, but wouldn't go see it again. I did receive the MJ (just exit out of this blog if you don't know what that stands for) This Is It DVD in my stocking. Santa must know how much I love MJ. :) That about sums up my Christmas "break."

Now that I'm back in a routine (had to go back to work today)...here is a BAKED SCALLOP recipe that Austin and I made tonight! So good!

I hope everyone has a safe and eventful New Year's Eve! Here's to 2011!

Baked Scallops

Ingredients:
1 lb. scallops
1/2 cup melted butter
20 low sodium ritz crackers
black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup white wine
lemon juice (to taste)

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease baking dish. Wash and dry scallops and set aside.
In a separate bowl, mix melted butter, white wine and lemon juice. Dip scallops into this mix. Combine ritz crackers, black pepper and garlic powder into a bowl, then place scallops into this mix. Set onto baking dish, bake for 15-20 minutes and then enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment