Tuesday, May 10, 2011

On the Go!

One of my New Year's Resolutions was to stop making so many plans and enjoy being at home more often.

I'm still trying to work on that. Unfortunately - and fortunately - there are always things to do and people to see! But I am trying to make an effort to just do less.

In the past week, I've been to Dahlonega to purchase new tires, been to Athens to be fitted for a bridesmaid dress, traveled to Augusta, ate dinner in Canton, attended a wedding in Gainesville, and celebrated Mother's Day in Gainesville. I try not to think about the money I spend on gasoline...after all, you can't put a price on fun, right?

My mom and I went to Augusta last Wednesday for Brooke & Andrew's graduation from the Georgia Health Sciences University! Brooke is now a Registered Dental Hygienist and Andrew is officially a doctor! They make their big move to Colorado in June and I'm so excited about their Going Away Par-tay on May 29th! Come by the Mellow Mushroom if you're in Gainesville!

Brooke's new lab coat!
Also in Augusta, I was able to spend time with my family. My mom and I met my aunt Sue and cousin Catherine on Wednesday night at the French Market Grille - my favorite. I had the Oysters Rockefeller and Grilled Shrimp dinner. After dinner, Catherine and I met Brooke and Andrew and their siblings out for drinks at the Partridge Inn.

On Thursday, my mom and I met Catherine and my other two aunts at Manuel's Bread Cafe. The bread, vegetables and eggs are all locally grown and cooked inside the little community located in north Augusta. And thankfully we were able to sit outside and enjoy the beautiful afternoon!

French Onion Soup @ Manuel's Bread Cafe
On Friday evening Austin surprised me with reservations at The Downtown Kitchen, our favorite local restaurant.

Jumbo Bacon Wrapped Shrimp @ Downtown Kitchen
Stuffed Chicken @ Downtown Kitchen
Beer Cheese Soup @  Downtown Kitchen
And on Saturday we attended Callie Hutchins' and Tyler Sims' wedding in Gainesville, Ga. It was beautiful and the weather was perfect! Pictures to come!

On Sunday, Austin and I ate lunch in Gainesville with both of our mother's for Mother's Day! These are the lovely flowers my grandmother planted for my front porch!

This pretty much consists of my yard work for the year.


And just in the last week I agreed to be a Local Voice for the Canton-Sixes Patch. If you aren't familiar with what a Patch is, they are a hyper-local news site (specific to whatever area you live in) and they are popping up all over the U.S. They just recently launched a Local Voices initiative - where they are asking local bloggers to, well, blog. As a Local Voice, I am going to be blogging about things to do, buy and see in Canton! Check out my blog posts so far on the Canton-Sixes Patch site. And I just replaced my broken camera - I'm back in business!

Have a great rest of the week! Austin and I made mini hamburger sliders last night. Check back later for the recipe!

1 comment: