Monday, April 25, 2011

Busy Easter Weekend!

It's Monday. Blah. And instead of being at yoga I'm sitting on my couch drinking a glass of red wine and catching up on my Sunday night shows...Desperate Housewives and Brother's and Sisters. I probably should be cooking dinner. Oh well.

My long weekend went by waaaay too fast, as usual. Because it was Good Friday, I worked from home in the morning and then met Brittney and the Hud-man at Cracker Barrel for lunch. After that, I headed to downworth Acworth for a little shopping at Wild Blossoms - this fabulous boutique. I really wish I wasn't such a sucker for boutiques.

But I am. So check out my new antique bird pictures for the living room! Love them!



And this is the Mason jar wine glass I purchased for Ashley for her wedding weekend! Only 25 more days til we're in beautiful Madison, Ga. watching Sam & Ashley say their "I do's!"


On Friday night, I met Brittney and Lindsey for sushi and a movie date - we saw Water for Elephants. I wish I'd read the book first but I thought the movie was great. James Patterson and Witherspoon were both wonderful.

On Saturday, I went to get a massage (ahhh) and helped to host Meg & Bennett's couple's shower in Atlanta! The weather was perfect so we were all able to stay outside..and the mini hamburger sliders were sooo good (hamburger meat, egg, Worcestershire sauce and bread crumbs). Looking forward to the wedding in West Glacier, Montana. :)

Meg & Bennett~the bridge & grooom!

Christy, Staci, me & Meg~missing WhitRice & Emily!
On Sunday, we went to Jasper to have Easter lunch with Austin's family. I purposely didn't eat breakfast because I knew I would be consuming mass amounts of food. And, I was right. Ham, turkey & dressing, creamed corn, fried okra, peas, green beans, and mac & cheese - I could barely fit it all on my plate. And I can't forget the chocolate cake AND pound cake for my dessert. 

I wish I had some family pictures to post. Unfortunately my camera broke and they turned out all blurry. Again. This will be new camera #14. 

On Sunday evening we went to give Hudson and Ella their Easter bunny gifts! They were so cute as usual - Huddy is talking more and more every single day and wants to do everything that Ella does. He can now say "Katie" and "Austin" - although "Katie" sounds more like "Kaki" but I'll take it. Ella put on a show, singing Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber for me, Brittney, Austin, Pap Pap and Dot Dot. Girlfriend's only four and she's already got the Bieber Fever!

Ella & Austin

Ella & Huddy
I hope everyone had a fabulous Easter weekend!

I'm looking forward to Asheville, NC on Friday. Staci and I are heading up to spend the weekend with Whitney Rice! I can only imagine the trouble we'll get into!

No comments:

Post a Comment