Thursday, April 14, 2011

Happy Thursday!

It's almost Friday~my most favorite day of the week! Today's temperature is sup to get up to 78 so Austin and I are grilling out this evening. I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather be after work than sitting on my back porch with a glass of wine. :)

As I'm sitting here eating my oh-so-healthy Lean Cuisine...I'm really wishing I was eating this Fish Taco recipe sent over from Gwyneth Paltrow. Yea, she occasionally sends me recipes. I'll try to share them as much as I possibly can.:)

Lee's Rocking Fish Tacos
~Serves 8
A bunch of cilantro
Juice of 5 limes
1/3 cup of olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons for cooking
1 small white onion, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, smashed
1 jalapeno or 3 red chili peppers, chopped
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon paprika
Coarse salt
2 pounds halibut, diced
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup white wine

Combine cilantro, lime juice, 1/3 cup olive oil, onion, garlic, chili, garlic powder, cumin and paprika together in a blender with a large pinch of sale and puree until thoroughly combined and smooth. Set mixture aside. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat in a large pot and add halibut. Cook, stirring now and then, until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Add white wine and cook until nearly evaporated, about 2 minutes. Pour over the reserved cilantro mixture, stir gently just to combine and cook for just another minute to "let the flavors say hello." Serve immediately with deep-friend flour tortillas, crema fresca (or sour cream), cotija cheese, and pico de gallo with chunks of avocado (mix equal parts diced tomatoes and avocado and then season with salt, pepper, fresh cilantro, lime and diced red onion).

Enjoy!

Also, I'm researching beach houses (on the beach, I'm not interested in walking to the beach) for Labor Day weekend. There will most likely be about 6-10 girls ~ please let me know if you have something available. We are looking @ Hilton Head, Savannah, St. Simons, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment