Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Holiday Weekend Re-Cap: Supper Club & Augusta, Ga

As do most other holiday weekends, this one sure flew by!

Going back to Thursday evening, Austin and I participated in the first Supper Club of 2011! January's hostesses were Justin and Lindsey Lark. This month's theme: Chinese New Year! Austin and I were in charge of a "starch or bread" - and I thought our fried rice turned out pretty well! The other dishes turned out rather well, too! Looking forward to February's Supper Club and Shrimp and Grits!

January Supper Club Menu:
Spicey Mongolian Beef
Egg Rolls
Asparagus & Water Chestnuts
Chinese Noodles
Ice Cream & Fortunate Cookies

Friday was pretty uneventful - Austin and I enjoyed dinner at LongHorn Steakhouse.

My Eggs Benedict from CRUMS
On Saturday, I drove to Augusta for Brooke's 26th birthday celebration! After two days in Augusta, I haven't even wanted to think about food...all I did was EAT! Saturday's lunch (grilled chicken salad with blue cheese crumbles, egg and cranberries) was from one of my Augusta favorites - French Market Grille. I've eaten at this restaurant countless times throughout the years...and I'm never disappointed! We went to dinner at Bonefish Grill - Stan and I split the Mussels and Bacon-Wrapped Sea Scallops. It was so good! I was FINALLY able to meet Brooke's dental hygiene friends at dinner, too. Afterwards, we all rode around in a limo (Stan's favorite part of the night) and then went to a bar called The Country Club.
Mussels at Bonefish Grill!
On Sunday, Brooke, Andrew, Stan and myself enjoyed brunch and mimosas at Crums in Augusta. I had the Eggs Benedict and then we spent most of the afternoon napping. ;) On Sunday evening, I went to eat with my cousin and aunt at Tako Sushi - which is also my second favorite restaurant in Augusta. I had the Japanese Bagel Roll and for the first time ever I tried tempura asparagus - delicious!
I came back home on Monday...you probably think all I did was eat over my MLK weekend. And, you're right. It's back to hot yoga and eating in this week! Augusta pictures to follow...

Andrew, Brooke, me, Stan!

Happy Birthday Brooke!











No comments:

Post a Comment