Monday, February 7, 2011

Back to the GYPSY

So I'm back, to the velvet underground
Back to the floor, that I love
To a room with some lace and paper flowers
Back to the gypsy that I was
To the gypsy...that I was

And it all comes down to you
Well, you know that it does
And lightning strikes, maybe once, maybe twice
Oh, and it lights up the night
And you see your gypsy
You see your gypsy

To the gypsy that remains faces freedom with a little fear
I have no fear, I have only love
And if I was a child
And the child was enough
Enough for me to love
Enough for me to love

She is dancing away from me now
She was just a wish
She was just a wish
And a memory is all that is left for you now
You see your gypsy
You see your gypsy

And lightning strikes, maybe once, maybe twice
And it all comes down to you
And it all comes down to you
And it all comes down to you
And lightning strikes,  maybe once, maybe twice
And it all comes down to you

How better to describe my good friend Christy than by these wonderful Fleetwood Mac lyrics? I don't think there could be anything more appropriate. That Christy. She's a traveling soul...leaving town again...this time she's headed to Columbia until April! So, what better way to celebrate Christy's departure for the umpteemth time than throw a party?

Saturday night took me back...all the way to about 2004. It was GREAT. I started off my evening sharing a few pitchers with Whitney and Christy at Sidelines. Great conversation and lots of laughing! Then, we headed back to the house to meet the others arriving in Canton.

For just a little while, it was just like we were all back in college. GLORY DAYS. :)


Christy & Dustin

Me, Britt, Christy & Whit
For those of you that share my LOVE for Fleetwood Mac...hopefully this will put a smile on your face!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Katie, I'm impressed. No one has ever provided such an apt song comparison for me!
    In typical fashion, I have been thinking back to the free-spirited college drinking days since I left your house :-) Thanks again for having us. And did I mention that I really love the set of cardigans I saw in your closet?!

    ReplyDelete