Sunday, February 27, 2011

~Weekend Recap~

As weekends tend to do, mine sure flew by. It's now Sunday afternooon and I feel like it should at least still be Saturday morning. Where's the rewind button?
Anyway, here are a few highlights from my weekend...

On Friday, Chelsey & Kyle welcomes Katy Paige Potts into the world! Katy Paige weighed in at 6 lbs and 9 ounces and I think she looks just like a Parks! I can't wait to meet her. This is a picture that Katy Paige's Aunt Brittni sent over! Just beautiful...

My mom came to Canton to help me paint and pick up the last few items for my half bath project (which is almost complete)! As we were buying paint, my mom suggested that we paint the ceiling light blue. After confirming with my design consultant, Havolynne, I decided to go for it. :) Here are my paint colors...


I don't think I'll be painting anything else (on my own) for quite.a.while.

And, here are some items I picked up at HomeGoods!
On Saturday, Austin and I joined the Rollins family for dinner at Goin' Coastal. This is my second favorite restaurant in downtown Canton. I was a little dissappointed that I wasn't able to order my usual Oysters Rockefeller dish... but my shrimp & corn chowder and mussels were fabulous. Oh, and the two bottles of red wine and creme brulee were fabulous as well. The pinot noir - Cono Sur - is an organic wine from Chile and a blend of various reds.
I met Penny for after-dinner drinks at Downtown Kitchen, my FAV restaurant in downtown Canton. After dinner we met Austin and some of his friends at Sidelines Grille. Check out Penny and Austin breaking it down!!
AND congrats to Candace Harper and her FIANCE! Kyle finally popped the question last night! Check out her beautiful bling - he did good!
And thanks to Danielle's Dish for featuring The Blevins Life. Looks like we share a love for etsy!

My Sunday has consisted of breakfast with Austin, an afternoon nap and now I'm sitting out on my back porch soaking up the sun. I've recently gotten two new bird houses for my back porch...and I'm starting to think this was a bad idea. In addition to waking up to the sound of two blue birds hitting my bedroom window, they've already pooped on their new houses!
I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday ~ here's to hoping this will be a better week! And one week til my birthday! 

2 comments:

  1. Katie,

    I am loving the blue ceiling! Can't wait to see it all finished! Enjoy your week! Happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously want that "the art of marriage" plaque! it's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete