Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Transformation Project #1: Half Bath

I've decided to decorate my downstairs half bathroom! I admit, I'm a little nervous, as this is my very FIRST renovation project. I feel so domestic.

Hopefully this is the first of many more transformation projects to come. I have a long list so I thought I'd start with something simple.

Here are my "before" photos. As you can very much see in these pictures, not much has been done to this room. AT ALL.




So, I began this process by researching what color scheme I'd like to go with. I narrowed it down to brown and white. Thanks to Ashley for sending over some pictures of other brown and white bathrooms because this is what I'll be using as my inspiration! In this first picture (below) I really like the contrast between the dark brown and the light brown on the walls. This is what I'm hoping for since I have super-dark hard wood floors.
 

After choosing a color scheme, I decided to look up artwork on etsy.com. Big mistake. That took forever. I finally something that I liked - no - loved. The only problem was the background of the portrait was light blue. This totally messed up my color scheme. So, I emailed my friend Audrey Shuler. Thankfully, she has offered to sponge paint me my very own portrait - much like this one below but MUCH, MUCH better. And I will LOVE it because Audrey does such fabulous work. It's only Day 1 of my transformation project and already I've got two very artsy people on my side.
I also found a vintage white shelf to go in the bathroom, also from etsy.com. Tomorrow, I'll be searching for a light fixture, a towel holder, a mirror, etc. Ideas and pictures welcome!!! Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see Audrey's painting. Maybe this is her new calling? :) Love the look of the bathroom so far. Tres chic!

    ReplyDelete